Thursday, March 17, 2011

Coffee, Tattoos and Stylish Bloggers

Time to share some good news… This little ol’ blog has received the Stylish Blogger Award thanks to Thoughts from Her! Thank you, mami, for the recognition and for the self-esteem boost!  

After receiving the award, I wasn’t sure what to do with it besides re-gift it to some awesome peeps. So I decided to take a moment and pat myself on the back, to feel proud about myself. Not just because of the award, but because of where I am right here, right now, at this very moment.

As I walk up to the virtual podium in my head to accept this award, I realize that I’m happy. I’m really freaking happy. Yes, despite everything, I’m happy!

Now, on to the formalities! The Stylish Blogger Award comes with responsibilities. And they’re pretty cool. 

Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award. Thanks again to Thoughts from Her!

Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers, or less, it’s up to you. See below.

Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award. Will do!

Share seven things about yourself. Here goes… 

1.  I'm having a relationship with my coffee at this very moment. I discovered this new creamer and... excuse me, I need a moment...

2.  I’m a half-breed, which in my case means I’m a cross between a tomboy and a “Hey, let’s get a pedicure!”

3.  I don’t have an entourage of friends. I have a close-knit circle of truly wonderful, diverse people in my life.

4. I dream of someday visiting Italy and Spain with my daughters. I bet they have great coffee!

5.  I’m scared to death of getting a tattoo. Not that I’m against them. I’m just chicken shit.

6.  I love Carlos Santana’s music so much that I’ve instructed key family members (meaning those most likely to out-live me) on which songs I want played at my funeral.

7.  I can be a control freak sometimes. See #6.

I’d like to pass the Stylish Blogger Award to the following folks because:
a.) They made me laugh
b.) They made me cry
c.) They made me see things from a different point of view 
d.) All of the above

The Cougel Chronicles -- Tales of a Jewish Cougar, love her style

Perils of Divorced Pauline -- Highly recommend "Mother and Child Un-Reunion" 

JR’s Journey -- Check out "Celebrity Apprentice." Hilarious!

Life as a Classroom -- Highly recommend "An Open Letter to Someone Who Won’t Let Go"

Sweet Bella Roos -- S’more Better Pie! Need I say more? 

7 comments:

  1. Love your blog, love your style. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award! It was well-placed, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on this award. I am new to your blog and have been enjoying reading over your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @M_oa_SD - Thank you! Checking out the latest at http://www.memoirsofasingledad.com shortly (How's that for shameless plug!). Enjoying the series and your tweets. "Tweets" - still can't get used to that word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Alicia - Thank you very much! Will be checking out you blog tonight. Appreciate you stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY sweet! Thank you so much for the recognition. And KUDOS on being happy. :)

    (And we have a lot in common it seems!)

    ReplyDelete