Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My boobies and me: A breast cancer scare

I recently found a lump on my breast and endured one of the most agonizing weeks of my life. On the day of the biopsy, I took to twitter to over share in hopes of bringing just a little more awareness to the importance of self exams and mammograms. The following is what I posted via @twokidsandafish on April 13, 2013: 

8:13 AM - 11 Apr 13 

Hello world, it's been a while. Don't have much time so will use a few tweets to catch up because my life may never be the same after today.

8:17 AM - 11 Apr 13

See, I found a lump on my breast last Friday night which sucks because it's not like you can go to the ER for this.

8:19 AM - 11 Apr 13

So over the weekend I had the unfortunate pleasure of waiting for 9am on Monday to "get here already!" so I could schedule a mammogram.

8:21 AM - 11 Apr 13

Well that didn't turn out so hot either because today is the biopsy. And like I said, my life may never be the same after today.

8:25 AM - 11 Apr 13 

Why am I grossly over sharing such personal info?

8:26 AM - 11 Apr 13

While this may cause some to scream "TMI!" I'm hoping this sounds the alarm for those who don't do self exams or have annual mammograms.

8:28 AM - 11 Apr 13

I just had my yearly mammogram in January and here I am four months later... That's how fast things can change!

8:32 AM - 11 Apr 13

After sharing this with a few close friends and family members, I learned some hadn't had exams in over 5 years. Unacceptable!

8:34 AM - 11 Apr 13

So think of this as a not so friendly PSA and get your damn boobies checked!!! Monthly self exams! Annual mammograms!

8:36 AM - 11 Apr 13

The past 7 days have been hell but I've found comfort in the fact that I've had my annual check ups and have stuck to my monthly self exams!

8:38 AM - 11 Apr 13

So if this turns out to be "something," (God forbid), then I know I've caught it early. 

8:38 AM - 11 Apr 13

If this turns out to be nothing, then I can look back at all the tears I've shed this week and laugh my ass off!!!

8:44 AM - 11 Apr 13

So long for now. I'm going to spend the morning with my man. He's amazing plus he makes the most decadent desserts. I think I'll keep him. 

And finally, at 2:48 p.m.: 


More information on breast cancer, mammograms and self exams:
BreastCancer.org
NationalBreastCancer.org
PinkRibbon.org






1 comment:

  1. GREETINGS TO THE PUBLIC !!!

    You are welcome to Indian spell caster where all things are possible, have you been divorce by your husband or wife and you want to get he or she back??
    Is your relationship not working the way it should be, and you need a permanent solution to your worries??
    Do you need money making spell??
    spell for lottery and gambling winnings??
    Are you suffering from any kind sickness and you need a healer or cure??
    Are you single and you want a soul-mate??
    Love spell to get your ex back??
    Spell to win BIG contract??
    DO YOU NEED GOOD LUCK CHARM??
    Than search no more, @ GRATE INDIAN SPELL CASTING TEMPO
    All your problems are solve..
    EMAIL:: indianspellcaster@yahoo.com OR WHATSAPP ON:: +18679887328...

    ReplyDelete