I've been away from the blogosphere for a while so here's a recap:
- Go out with friends after blowing off a date
- Meet a guy who proves to be "the one"
- We move in together (We have 5 kids between us, all girls)
- We go on an amazing 10-day vacation to South America
- My oldest (early 20s) moves out of state
- I have a breast cancer scare (Get your boobies checked, ladies!)
- We head to East Coast for work/vacation
- Three weeks after moving out, oldest wants to move back in
- I say no, tell her to put big girl panties on, she stops talking to me
- She moves back to town without telling me, lives with a friend
- Oldest kid still not talking to me, but shows signs of responsibility (Yay!)
- Drama with boyfriend's ex ensues (Does it ever really go away?)
- Above drama causes his oldest (teen) to move in with us
- Oldest kid finally starts talking to me, relationship on the mend
That's just a brief snapshot of my life this past year. What I left out are all the meaningless battles with the exes that, in the end, don't really matter unless it directly affects the well-being of our kids.
What I also left out are all the private, intimate moments that my man and I have shared since we met a year ago. Moments I thought I'd never have again. Moments I really never had in my marriage, to be honest.
Get your heads out of the gutter, I don't necessarily mean "intimate" in that way. I'm talking about those moments when you're lying in bed and you both reach out for each other in the dark and your hands connect. Or the moment you get that text message and it says, "Just wanted to tell you how happy and thankful I am to have you in my life. I love you."
And then there are those moments when you simultaneously look at each other from across the room and you just... Well, you just know.
Anyway, it's been great catching up with you guys. Until next time...